The Garage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Garage Forum

The Best MOHAA Snipers Comunity

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinker

Tinker

IMPORTANT NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT NEWS!   IMPORTANT NEWS! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:38 pm

IMPORTANT NEWS!

It appears the guys over at X-Null have got the ingame browser sorted. Since Gamespy has closed down the ingame browser no longer works. X-Null are now maintaining a list of the servers currently running. You will have to edit your HOSTS file to make it work. Instructions at

http://www.x-null.net/masterserver/

Don't bother with any of the patches. Just follow the instructions for 'HOST FILE REDIRECTION' which are valid for any game. TG is currently listed and I can confirm it works. Spread the news!
Back to top Go down
Guest3

IMPORTANT NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: Whleheartedly agree!!   IMPORTANT NEWS! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:46 am

Just modified my Windows system as per the instructions and can also confirm it works - now have access to all the servers I had before GameSpy went off line - life is good again!!!  Smile
Copy of process below!

Below you can find instructions how to apply redirection for different operating systems.
Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 2012 and 8
1. Go to: %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ - SystemRoot is where your Windows is installed, for example: C:\Windows
2. Open file called hosts in your favourite text editor (Notepad is enough)
3. Add the following line to the bottom of the file: 209.105.228.101 master.gamespy.com
4. Save. Done.
OS may need to be rebooted after applying the change.
You will need administrator privileges to edit this file.

Hurry up and make the change - waiting to kick some ass!! lol
Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT NEWS!
Page 1 of 1