The Garage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Garage Forum

The Best MOHAA Snipers Comunity

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some observations/ideas.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinker

Tinker

Some observations/ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Some observations/ideas.   Some observations/ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:29 am

After playing on the server for some time I have some ideas on how gameplay could be improved. Please feel free to add to them, amend, criticise or just plain shoot me down in flames.

When the developers wrote this game they thought "Hey, why bother to put a texture there? No-one will ever see or be in that part of the map." How wrong they were.

There are a few places where you can see more than you should be able to. The Hunt has the roof above the sniper house where you can see through the floor. Berlin has the ruins where you can see through the walls. The Bridge has the roof glitch where you can see the road, and also if you fall from there you can get into a room where you can see through the walls (you shouldn't be there anyway, there's nowhere to legitimately shoot from except through the walls.) In an ideal world we'd put a texture there but would it be easier to just place boxes on the floor or against the walls to stop this happening?

Map fixes.
There are a lot of bugs still waiting to be addressed where players can get under the map. Particularly Destroyed Village. These have already been fixed in other mods. Dogmeat's map fixes has most of them already.

There seems to be a problem with sandbags. Everywhere there are sandbags there are glitches, Omaha and Flughafen inparticular. You can shoot someone behind a sandbag 20 times before you actually 'hit' them. I'm sure it's only here in TG that I've seen this. Is it the way the mod is written? Would it be better to replace them with boxes?

There is a glitch in that you can become frozen on the boundaries. You are invincible here. You can still shoot people but they cannot shoot you.

There are maps where you can see the other players positions (Ardennes and Flughafen inparticular) but they cannot see you. Again is this the mod? A problem with draw distance?

There are a few maps where you spawn out in the open (Allies on The bridge, axis in The Hunt) and are prone to spawn raping. Can we hide the spawn points from enemy fire in all maps please? Allies are screwed on The Bridge as not only do they spawn in the open but then you have to run the gauntlet to get anywhere, whereas axis can get to most of the map without being seen. The rifle tables should be hidden somewhere close to the spawn points too as there are maps where you spawn away from a table. As allies in Ardennes the only rifle table is virtually a no go area.

Look forward to killing you later.
Tink.
Back to top Go down
Me
Admin
Me

Some observations/ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some observations/ideas.   Some observations/ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:15 am

I know there are some place where you can go under the map and it was fixed but sice I've changed AC I have to find another way cause it was fixed in TGA..and we no longer use TGA unfortunately!
For sandbox bug I know that and I've been looking for a solution...when I found it then I fix that. For the texturing problem the fact is that you cannot spawn objects here and there on all the map cause the more things you have added the more the server lags!! and there are TONS of these bugs in every map! It's necessary to find a "more confortable" solution. I'm thinking at this problem sice years! lol
Back to top Go down
https://garagesnipers.forumotion.com

Some observations/ideas.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garage Forum :: Server Area :: Suggestions-
Jump to: